Driving your success.
The engine in the new Canter delivers high torque even at low revs. The new idle Start/Stop (ISS) function enables you to reduce fuel consumption further in manual mode or when using the DUONIC® transmission. The Canter’s maintenance interval has been raised from 30,000 km to 40,000 km or one year. You gain the benefits – and so does the environment.
VGT and exhaust brake as standard.
The Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) optimises engine response and ensures constant high torque at low revs. The exhaust brake, fitted as standard, eases the load on the brakes, making the Canter safer and even more cost-effective overall.
2. Idle Start/Stop (ISS).
Especially in heavy urban traffic, idle Start/Stop (ISS) function – for both DUONIC® and manual transmissions – enhances fuel consumption.
Exhaust emissions cleaning system.
All engine ratings have a closed, maintenance-free diesel particulate filter (DPF) which regenerates itself automatically (though this can also be done manually, on request). In the 96 kW (130 hp) and 110 kW (150 hp) engines, cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR), an oxidation catalyzer and a diesel particulate filter (DPF) combine to clean the exhaust emissions. In the 7.5t 110kW (150 hp) and 129 kW (175 hp) engines, SCR BlueTec® 6 technology is also used.
Euro 5b+ compliant cleaning of exhaust emissions:
- Thanks to EGR/DPF (96 kW / 130 hp, 110 kW / 150 hp)
- Thanks to EGR/DPF BlueTec® 6 (129 kW / 175 hp)
Euro VI compliant cleaning of exaust emissions for 7.5t and 8.55t:
- Thanks to EGR/DPF (110 kW / 150 hp, 129 kW / 175 hp
Three powerful engines.
Three efficient, economical performance models are ready and waiting for you. What they all have in common is a superior torque curve at low revs – in every situation:
- The 96 kW (130 hp) engine lays a firm foundation for your business activities. Available in the 3.5t model only
- The 110 kW (150 hp) engine is a powerful, economic runner, high on uphill performance and low on revs. Available in the 3.5t and 7.5t model
- The 129 kW (175 hp) high-performance engine really comes into its own on building sites and on the motorway. Available on 7.5t models only