Engines and Transmissions
Versatility defines the Vito, with a choice of drive systems, engines, power outputs and transmissions, allowing you to tailor your van to the way you live and work, and help reduce your environmental impact along the way.
Drive Systems: One for every driver
The Vito is the first and only van in its class to provide the option of front-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive - so you can choose the one that works best for you and your business.
Engines: High tech engines, low fuel consumption and emissions
Whether you mostly use your van around the city, or need it to pull a 2.5t trailer across country, there’s an engine for the job. Two 4-cylinder diesel engines with common-rail direct injection and turbo-charging both offer exceptional efficiency and low fuel consumption.
• 1.6-litre - availavble in 88hp or 114hp
• 2.1-litre - availavble in 136hp, 163hp or 190hp
The 190hp engine is the most powerful Vito available, yet consumes around 20% less fuel than a comparable variant of the previous Vito while maintaining the same torque levels. Thanks to BlueTEC technology, it also complies with the strict Euro 6 emissions standard.
BlueEFFICIENCY: Reduce CO2 emissions and running costs
The efficiency of the Vito has been significantly improved, with fuel consumption reduced by up to 20% vs. previous generation Vito – and this is in no small part due to BlueEFFICIENCY. The 163hp variant with standard ECO Start/Stop is a prime example, offering fuel economy of up to 47.1mpg.
BlueEFFICIENCY Package (standard for Rear-wheel drive Vito) includes:
• ECO Start/Stop temporarily switches off the engine when the vehicle is stationary, reducing fuel consumption and emissions and improving air quality, particularly in urban environments and stop-and-go traffic
• Fuel Efficiency alternator reduces the strain and so improves efficiency
• Smart alternator management recharges the Vito's battery, when coasting or braking
• Fuel-efficient transmission oil is used in manual transmission vehicles with 136hp and 163hp outputs
• Rolling-resistance optimised tyres reduce friction on front wheel drive models
Fuel Economy and Emissions.
Panel van / crew van
• 109CDI - up to 45.6 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 111CDI - up to 45.6 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 114CDI - up to 44.1 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 116CDI - up to 47.1 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 119CDI - up to 47.1 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 109CDI - up to 44.8 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 111CDI - up to 44.8 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 114CDI - up to 43.5 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 116CDI - up to 45.6 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 109CDI Tourer PRO - up to 47.1 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
• 109CDI Tourer SELECT - up to 45.6 mpg combined. Emissions standard: Euro 6b
Transmission: Power without compromise
Manual and automatic transmissions are available for the Vito, both or which are perfectly tailored to the wider range of available engines.
• 6-speed manual transmission - fine-tuned to provide the optimum balance between performance, consumption, ride comfort and handling available as standard for all models except 119CDI models.
• 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission – for exceptionally easy gear changing and the potential to reduce fuel consumption. The 7G-TRONIC PLUS system includes cruise control, Start-off Assist, a kick-down switch, steering wheel mounted paddles and parking lock – plus ECO start/stop function and driving mode switch as standard, allowing for a variety of driving styles at the touch of a button. 7G-TRONIC PLUS automatic transmission is available as standard on the 119CDI models and available for 114CDI and 116CDI as an option.